Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
gpurdue gpurdue is offline

Default text exist

I have misplaced a formula that I had in the past to accomplish the
following: A cell contains a string of text and within that text are certain
keywords that I need to determine if exists within a table/array of critical
keywords. For example if I have a text field that contains the phrase
"property taxes are due Jan 1" and in have a keyword table/array that
contains the word "taxes" as one of the entries I would like to flag that
particular entry. I believe I had accomplished this with the use of the
search formula in the past but I have been unable to reproduce. Any
assistance would be appreciated as I have exhaused my knowledge...