Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jerry W. Lewis Jerry W. Lewis is offline

Default Goodness of fit test

Note that this tests whether the entire model fits better than just a simple
mean. It does not test whether there are too many or too few polynomial
terms in the model. For that, see Mike's answer.

Jerry

"Xt" wrote:

On Aug 13, 8:03 am, stats4today
wrote:
I am doing polynomial curve fitting in Excel (2003 and 2007). I have used the
r-squared function, but want the F-value, or F-statistic function. Can
someone help?

p = number of predictors = power in this case
n = number of points
R2 = r-squared value from Excel trendline

F = R2/(1-R2)*(n-p-1)/p

xt