Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Custard Tart Custard Tart is offline

Default Filtering data from a pivot table to a graph

I'm pulling information from a pivot table which includes the name of
a building and the number of times that an alarm registered in that
building. When you expand the field in the pivot table, the date and
time that the alarms were registered shows.

The problem I'm having is that when I'm creating a graph based on the
pivot table, I don't want the date and time of the alarm to show, only
the number of times the alarm registered. I can do this by minimising
the fields but I would like to have the graph set up that way by
default so that it wouldn't matter whether the field was open or
minimised, it wouldn't show the date and time.

Any ideas?