Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Terry Terry is offline

Default How Can I Globally Change Hyperlinks?

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 12:00:09 -0500, Dave Peterson
wrote:

=So you used the insert|hyperlink version of hyperlinks, right?

Yes

=This is from David McRitchie's site:
=
=Sub Fix192Hyperlinks()
= Dim OldStr As String, NewStr As String
= OldStr = "http://192.168.15.5/"
= NewStr = "http://hank.home.on.ca/"
= Dim hyp As Hyperlink
= For Each hyp In ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks
= hyp.Address = Replace(hyp.Address, OldStr, NewStr)
= Next hyp
=End Sub

I tried this--no joy

=Try something like:

=Option Explicit
=Sub Fix192Hyperlinks()
= Dim OldStr As String, NewStr As String
= OldStr = "E:\Cards\All Cards-For Linking\"
= NewStr = "C:\Cards\SpecialBatch\ALL CARDS-FOR LINKING\"
= Dim hyp As Hyperlink
= For Each hyp In ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks
= hyp.Address = Replace(expression:=hyp.Address, _
= Find:=OldStr, _
= Replace:=NewStr, _
= compa=vbTextCompare)
= Next hyp
=End Sub

And this, too. Still no joy.

I entered a file name, added a hyperlink through the Edit function,
and made sure the link was correct. I changed the link to the new link
and checked it, too. OK. Then changed the link back to the old link.

Next, I put the code in the VB edit window by right-clicking "Sheet
1", selecting "View Code", and typing in the code.

I returned to the sheet through "File"/"Close...and Return..."

Old link still there.

Back to the code. F5 to run. Some crunching somewhere I think...

Back to the sheet. No joy. Still the old adress.

Was this the way to do it?

Groan again + Help!

Be patient--I'm old!

Cheers--