Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
James James is offline

Default Adding a HYPHEN to a 9 digit zip code column

One way you can do it is to use the Format Cells and under the category
select "Custom" in the box enter this 00000-0000. That will seperate the the
last 4 digits with a dash.

"William" wrote:

I have a column with nine-digit zip codes, but there is no hyphen separating
the final zip four numbers. I need to use this column in a mail merge, but
don't want to go in and manually add all the hypens. There must be a way to
do this (Find/Replace using placeholders?) but I can't quite come up with it.
Ideas?

Thanks,
--
William