Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
NDBC NDBC is offline

Default Error Handling - Check a file isn't already open before overwritin

I have some code that exports data from my workbook to a new workbook. The
file name is the strFile variable and the file folder path is the strFolder
variable.

wbNew.SaveAs strFolder & strFile & ".xls"
wbNew.Close

I get an error if you are exporting data for a second time and have
forgotten to close down the exported file after viewing it.

Can I put in some sort of check that will show a message saying the file is
open, please close it and try again rather than it taking the user to the
debugger.

Thanks