Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default I get "too many formats" in Excel

hi
sorry, you've hit a ceiling. 2003 only allows 4000 different combinations of
cell formats. 2007 increased that to 64000 (due to the larger sheets) but it
is a ceilling and the only real solution is ....don't exceed the limit.
see this site for more detail and possible fixes.

regards
FSt1

"LenL" wrote:

I have a fairly long Excel program (5 megabytes) that analyzes splits in a
swim meet. I am getting "too many formats". How can I get Excel 2003 to
increase the number of formats it will accept?