Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ali ali is offline

Default stacked bar chart and a bit more...Excel 2003

...convert the counts of the error types into proportions that add to the
error rate...

thanks Jon. that's a neat solution!

ali

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
You can't combine percentages and whole units on different series of the
same stacked chart. It doesn't make sense.

Can you convert the counts of the error types into proportions that add to
the error rate? For example, 30% type A, 40% type B, and 10% type C, which
add to 80%. Plot three series, A through C on a stacked column chart (not
stacked 100% column chart).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

ali wrote:
Hi folks

i need one graph to show 2 things:

the x axis will show months (april to march). the y axis will show a %
error rate (ie. from 0 - 10%). so, for example, if i wanted to show 8%
error rate for march I'd have a column approx.80% of the height of the
graph. Howewver (and this is where i need the help), I want a stacked bar
chart so the column displays the numeric values of those errors (e.g.
suppose the march errors we 3x type a, 4x type b and 1x type c error).

In a nutshell the chart is supposed to show both the failure rate and
breakdown of errors over time....

I don't have XL at home, so can't test any solutions now but all help
will be gratefully received.

cheers
ali