Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kuger Kuger is offline

Default sharing violation when saving an excel file

Ah ha didnt think of that one,

Thanks.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Antivirus, I'd bet.

Kuger wrote:

Sorry about the ignorance but AV apps as in audio visual?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Some AV applications have been known to cause this.

Can you change options in your AV app to ignore Excel files?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 10:33:01 -0700, Kuger
wrote:

Hi. Having a problems with macro based spreadsheets. Cannont save anything
with out a sharing violation error. To the extent where I can open a doc and
click save with out even changing a thing and I still get the same message.
Is there any way of trying to find the 'other' file its going on about?

--

Dave Peterson