Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default How to count cells which contain a formula that returns TRUE

Oops...you are right we cannot and will have to use
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10="TRUE"))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Are you sure that your COUNTIF formulae work, Jacob? For me, with Excel
2003, it seems to treat both as looking for the boolean, not the text
string.
--
David Biddulph

"Jacob Skaria" wrote in message
MAke sure your formulas which return TRUE returns the boolean TRUE and not
text (within double quotes) like

To count on formulas like this one you need to use COUNTIF(a:a,"true")
=IF(A1=0,"true","false")

To count on formulas which return boolean you can try COUNTIF(a:a,TRUE)
=IF(A1=0,TRUE,FALSE)

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"Art" wrote:

The question in princilpe refers to any cell that contain formula.I\ve
noticed that if I use COUNTIF on cells that contains formula returning
TRUE
it doesn't count.It count only if I simply type TRUE in the cells