Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Art Art is offline

Default How to count cells which contain a formula that returns TRUE

=IF(AND(C181=1,G181=0,J181=1), "TRUE", "")
this returns TRUE or nothing.
I just want simply count the cells returning TRUE.

I've tried both formulas:
=COUNTIF (A1:A10,TRUE)
or
=COUNTIF(A1:A10,"TRUE")
Both give 0 in my case.
Thanks,

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 03:26:01 -0700, Art wrote:

The question in princilpe refers to any cell that contain formula.I\ve
noticed that if I use COUNTIF on cells that contains formula returning TRUE
it doesn't count.It count only if I simply type TRUE in the cells

Post your formula. There is likely some error in how you are trying to do
this, as I cannot reproduce your problem here.
--ron