Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Art Art is offline

Default How to count cells which contain a formula that returns TRUE

I've tried both formulas:
=IF(A1:A10,TRUE)
and
=IF(A1:A10,"true")
Both give 0 in my case.
Thanks,

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

MAke sure your formulas which return TRUE returns the boolean TRUE and not a
text (within double quotes) like

To count on formulas like this one you need to use COUNTIF(a:a,"true")
=IF(A1=0,"true","false")

To count on formulas which return boolean you can try COUNTIF(a:a,TRUE)
=IF(A1=0,TRUE,FALSE)

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"Art" wrote:

The question in princilpe refers to any cell that contain formula.I\ve
noticed that if I use COUNTIF on cells that contains formula returning TRUE
it doesn't count.It count only if I simply type TRUE in the cells