Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Date Formatting Problem

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 13:16:01 -0700, John Calder
wrote:

Ron

Thanks for your prompt response.

Unfortunately your response was not what I wa after as this formula returns
a true or false which has nothing to do with my date issue. (although I did
try it anyway and I still have the problem)

I really need a formula that just strips the hh:mm:ss from the date. I think
this will fix my problem.

Thanks

John

I guess I don't understand what you want.

"To effectively remove the time portion, use the INT worksheet function"

I just embedded in the formula you wrote you were using because you wrote:

The reason I need this to happen is that I have a formula that looks at this
date and if it is greater than or equal to the date it displays a TRUE or
FALSE.

By the way the formula is =AND(D3=Start_Date,D3<=End_Date)

I thought I had given you instructions both on ways to remove the time
information, and also an example as to how to use it in the formula you are
using.

Since neither of those suggestions appear to be helpful, you will have to be
more specific, (or maybe someone else can understand what you want).
--ron