Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
NDBC NDBC is offline

Default General tips for good code formatting

I finally have my code working. I am trying to tidy it up for several reasons

1) so others can follow it
2) so it will run faster
3) so it is easier/quicker to edit
4) to reduce the risk of typing mistakes

So far I have implemented the option explicit statement and put in some
loops for repetitive code. I have also saved it as a web page and then saved
it back to an xls file to reduce file size (went from 9MB to 5MB). Is there
any risks with doing this.

Is there a website I can look at that outlines basic good practice for code
format.

Thanks again for everybodies input. My scoring program already far exceeds
my expectations of what I was aiming for when I first started. Unfortunately
the time taken to do it was the same.