Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
NBVC[_149_] NBVC[_149_] is offline

Default INDEX useing Dynamic Range

You are correct, that 3 should be 0 for an exact match... I think I just
blindly copied the OP's formula without noting that required change..
not sure what the 3 is for?

Tom Hutchins;448166 Wrote:
This works but may not return an exact match. 3 is not a valid entry for
the
final parameter fo MATCH, and works as if 1 was used or it was omitted
entirely. This will find the largest value that is less than or equal
to 278.
For an exact match only, use zero for the final argument.

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"NBVC" wrote:

Maybe:

=MATCH(278,INDIRECT(M1&":A14093"),3)

--
NBVC

Where there is a will there are many ways.

'The Code Cage' ('The Code Cage - Microsoft Office Help - Microsoft

Office Discussion' (http://www.thecodecage.com))

NBVC's Profile: 'The Code Cage Forums - View Profile: NBVC'

(http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/members/nbvc.html)
View this thread: 'INDEX useing Dynamic Range - The Code Cage Forums'

(http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=123934)

--

NBVC's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=74
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=123934