Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashish Mathur[_2_] Ashish Mathur[_2_] is offline

Default Count continuous duplicates

Hi,

Try this array formula (Ctrl+Shift+Enter) in cell C5 and copy down. I have
assumed that the numbers are in range B5:B9. Please ensure that you leave a
couple of blank rows below the table blank

=IF(B5=B4,"",MATCH(FALSE,($B6:$B9=B5),0))

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Excel Curious" wrote in message
I'm trying write a formula to count the duplicates in a column where they
appear contiguously (adjacent to one another). Another way of putting this
is
to count the number of times a number appears continuously in a column
before
it changes to another number. I have Excel 2007.

Example:
ColumnA ColumnB ColumnC(answer)
0001 30 2
0001 30