Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joel joel is offline

Default Excel Simplifies Problems in Formula String

Try doing the same thing in a new workbook in Excel 2007. Make sure all is
closed before trying in a new workbook.

I'm wondering if the formula is already in another cell in the column that
ecel isn't copy from thje other cell. Also I'm wondering if a personal.xls
file is creating the problem.

"burowyako" wrote:

I currently enter a simple formula such as =3968.67*(52/12) and Excel 2007
modifies the formula to =3968.67*4.33333333... How do I keep the problem in
the parantheses in tact without Excel simplifying it for me? I tried the
same formula on another machine with the same software and it doesnt' do it.
I've searched through all of the options that I can think of and can't figure
it out. Any help is appreciated!