Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joeu2004 joeu2004 is offline

Default Calculating monthly values for a certificate of deposit.

"thehed" wrote:
=FV(annualRate/365, currentDate - startDate, 0, -principal)

I am using the above formula as suggested,
it works fine for now.

I am working on the formula posted by JoeU2004,
however [...e]ither the formulas don't translate
or I fat fingered the formula entry.

I don't understand. The above formula is (one of) the formula that I
posted.

Do you mean that you are trying to get the FV(RATE(...),...) formula to
work?

Or do you mean that you are trying to get Fred's formula to work?

If the interest rate that you have is an APY (compounded rate), which is
likely, Fred's formula is the better one to use.

Show us what you are trying that does not work, and we can help you.