Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
thehed thehed is offline

Default Calculating monthly values for a certificate of deposit.

Maybe I could use the FV formula with the interest calculated for an
equivalent daily rate and then use the starting date and =today() to
find difference in days from start to present and plug those number of
days into FV formula.

Yes, you could do that. *It would be simply:

=FV(annualRate/365, currentDate - startDate, 0, -principal)

I am using the above formula as suggested, it works fine for now.

I am working on the formula posted by JoeU2004, however I use Excel at
work and OpenOffice at home. Either the formulas don't translate or I
fat fingered the formula entry.

Thanks for the help.