Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill Sharpe Bill Sharpe is offline

Default Need An Idea For Teaching VBA

dhstein wrote:
I'm teaching a class on VBA for Excel. The students are novices for the most
part - some have never programmed before. I'm looking for a suggestion for a
programming problem of some sort that could be used in the class. Something
not too complex, but maybe with enough of a challenge to touch on many of the
properties and methods. I'm not that creative and so far I can't think of
anything. Ideally it should take about 4 - 5 hours to do - just to give a
sense of the type of problem I'm shooting for. Thanks for any suggestions on
this.

If your students are novices, I don't think you really want to teach
them something that takes 4-5 hours to do. That time frame suggests some
VBA code that is quite complex.

A set of smaller projects would seem more appropriate.

Bill