Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Scoober Scoober is offline

Default Naming Worksheet Tabs?

Hi Jacob,

How are things?

Can you confirm that you have received the emails i have sent you?

I have reports backing up and are looking forward to adding in the tab
naming feature as soon as possible.

Scoober

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Email the file to jacs_jay@y Replace y to the yahoodotcom

"Scoober" wrote:

Can i give you my email address so i can send you some screen shots of what i
am looking at?

Scoober

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Saving the workbook will save the code.

--Exit the excel application and re-open excel..open the saved workbook and
try.

--Make sure no other code exists in the code pane .. Sheet tabView code

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Scoober" wrote:

Thank you Jacob. I have completed all your steps, but nothing happens. I hit
enter, and the curser travels down the page but does not enter anything. I
close the text box to leave the Tab and nothing happens.

I copied and pasted what you sent to me in the box that opens after i click
view code. The code is pasted but then nothing happens. There is no 'enter'
or 'save' button that i can see.

How do i enter or get the box to accept what i have copied and pasted in it.??

I am at a complete loss.
--
Thanks in advance.

Scoober

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Fine. If you are looking to change the sheet tab name as soon as you type in
a text in cell A1. try the below code. Set the Security level to low/medium
in (Tools|Macro|Security). Right click SheettabView code and paste the below
code.

Change the text in cell A1 and see

Application.EnableEvents = False
If Target.Count = 1 And Target.Address = "$A$1" Then
If Trim(Target.Text) < "" Then Me.Name = Trim(Range("A1"))
End If
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Scoober" wrote:

I right mouse click the tab I want named. Then I click view code. The I copy
and paste

Sub Macro()
ActiveSheet.Name = Range("B7")
End Sub

I push enter and nothing happens?
--
Thanks in advance.

Scoober

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Formula cannot name a sheet. You will have to use a macro..

Sub Macro()
ActiveSheet.Name = Range("A1")
End Sub

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Scoober" wrote:

dI'm not paticularly good with LX and did not understand a worg that that
link said.

I take it it is a little more than simply adding a foruula somewhere?
--

Scoober

"Eduardo" wrote:

Hi, take a look at Mcgimpsey web

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/event...efromcell.html

if this helps please click yes, thanks

"Scoober" wrote:

Can a cell be used to name a worksheet.

e.g In A1 Joe Bloggs is written, is there formula that can name the
worksheet's Tab Joe Bloggs?
--
Thanks in advance.

Scoober