Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
X-Ray X-Ray is offline

Default How to export to txt and use "-sign

Nice workaround, I completely didn't think of it. But not really desirable. I
prefer to not have any actions outside Excel, so I can further automate the
actions in Excel.

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Why dont you just open the .txt file in a notepad and do a find/replace

Find: """
Replace: "

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"X-Ray" wrote:

I want to make a batch rename file. Therefore I put the commands and
parameters in columns in Excel and save this to a txt file.
But I run in to the following problem. When a filename contains a white
space I have to enclose the name between double quotes. But when I do this in
Excel and make an export extra quotes are added.
How do I add the double qoute sign the right way ?

Example (|-sign to indicate columns):

Excel:
rename | filename.pdf | "file name.pdf"

Export to txt:

rename | filename.pdf | """"file name.pdf""""