Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default How do I avoid #NA result in a VLOOKUP

Hi Narayanan

-- converts boolean values to 1 and 0. Try the below formulas

=--TRUE returns 1
=--FALSE returns 0

Take a look at JE McGimpsey's site:

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"VKL Narayanan" wrote:

ok, thanks, I tried and it worked,

what is the meaning of adding --

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Try

=VLOOKUP(--D80,$D$923:$F$1025,3,FALSE)

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"VKL Narayanan" wrote in message
Thanks

The formula is reproduced below

=VLOOKUP(D80,$D$923:$F$1025,3,FALSE)

D80 is a numbe formatted as text, the arry is given below

Account Description Set
2011001 akfjdkljfl Loc+CC
2021001 akfjdkljfl Loc+CC

D80 is searching for values under the column "Account" and I have a value
2011001 in D80 and it is still returning #NA, I formatted the column as
text,
deleted and pasted the values, but nothing is working.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

It would help if you showed us the formula and some sample table data
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"VKL Narayanan" wrote in message
I am trying to vlookup a number stored as text. I have verified and
reverified the formula nothing seems to be wrong, the syntex is correct
and
the field references are correct, but it keeps returning for all cells
#NA.
How to debug this?