Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
thehed thehed is offline

Default Calculating monthly values for a certificate of deposit.

I undestand the use of the FV formulas in Excel to calculate Future
Value of an investment. I am looking for a way to calculate and
display the amounts of a CD on a monthly basis, sort of like an
amortization schedule for a mortgage.

Let's say the interest is paid monthly I would like to enter the
Initial amount, interest rate, term, etc. and have a chart showing
value each month. I can probably do it manually, for each month. I
was wondering if there is a formula, or easier, way to do it.

Thanks for your help.