Jason Morin

Why use the RIGHT function? Try:

=COUNTIF(Sheet1!F:F,"*plan*A*")

where Sheet1 contains the asset listing.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

"Mulder149" wrote:

Well also if it is even possible to do this. But for example lets say I have
a list of assets and I need to know over all how many times I use and asset
for plan A or plan B, in Column "C" of my spreadsheets I have the asset 1 to
35, and in column "F" I have if I used them for plan A or B, now the tricky
part is I would like to keep a running total on a different sheet, so in
theory I need something to look down through my sheets and validate the two
different responses A or B for each asset and distribute them to a different
cell. So basically I want to ad up all of the A's and the B's for each
asset and keep a running total for the year. I have every end covered except
how to get excel to look at the asset number and count each A or B and keep a
running total of each A or B in a particular cell. I hope this question
isn't to long. forgive me.

Nate