Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default How to determine what is causing large size

Take a look on each tab and look for a tab where your scroll bars allow you
to scroll well past the end of the data. On those tabs Hit Ctrl + End. All of
the cells between A1 and the cell that was just selected are all stored in
memory. They might appear empty but they are still using memroy just like any
other cell. To fix the problem...

HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Dave H" wrote:

I received a 41mb excel file. It has 25 tabs but not that much data on
each tab. I tried seperating each tab and determined that most tabs
are well under 1mb. How do I determine what is using so much memory?

Thanks for any help.

--
Dave H