Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Brian Morris Brian Morris is offline

Default Answers to questions posing more questions in a workbook

On Aug 7, 12:24*pm, sbelle1 wrote:
I am trying to write a manual whereby I pose a question to the user.
Depending on what they answer, another question would appear: Like "Are you
issuing a credit for an entire order?" If YES, then ask "Is it before or
after inventory?" and so on. I KNOW I have done this in Excel many years ago
but I cannot for the life of me remember how I did it.

Does anyone know wht I am talking about?

Write IF statements...so if the answer is YES...where you want the
next question to pop up, write =IF($A$3="YES","Is it before or after
inventory?",IF($A$3="NO","Insert your question that would return if
the user put NO",0))

Is that what you are looking for? This way, you will have to manually
type in formulas for the following questions.