Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jbm Jbm is offline

Default Pivot Data

Chas,
Without seeing your data it's hard to know if this is exactly what you want,
but this may work. Create a new sheet, and copy your table from the first
sheet. On the new blank sheet select the cell in the leftmost uppermost
corner, and hit the dropdown arrow on the Paste button (lefthand side of the
toolbar). On that dropdown menu select Transpose, which should transform
your data into the form you want.
Regards

"Chas in Colorado" wrote:

I have a rather simple table where column A contains a Category and Column B
contains a value. I would like this rearranged to where the Categories in
column A are shown as column headers and the values in column B are simply
listed under their category (No counting, summing, etc). Using the pivot
table I can get the column headings correct but have been unable to simply
list the values under the appropriate heading.
Can someone please provide me some guidance.
Thanks
Chas