Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Is it possible to create a dropdown list with pictures/icons ?

Have you checked out John McGimpsey's web page on the subject:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html
--

HTH,

RD

"SandraG" wrote in message
Hi, I work in a school where I need to make point sheet for young children
take home. I found your posting "is it possible to create a dropdown list
with picture/icons?" I was really excited to see this. However I was unable
to get this to work. I also wanted to take it a step more. I need three
expressions a smile, ok, and a frown. Each smiley needs to equal a value.
the
smile-5, ok = 2.5 and frown=0. I need the value I pick to be added with
other
columes to give me a total for the students day (placed at the bottom of the
chart.) Any Ideas on how this can be done?

Sandra

"Tom Vandewiele" wrote:

Hi, i am a project manager trying to create a progress report in MS Excel
based on weather icons, these are small GIF's of sunny or cloudy weather.
would like to create a dropdown list in the cells where a user can select
the
relevant icon / gif.

is this possible ?

thanks,