Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim S[_3_] Jim S[_3_] is offline

Default charting

Thank You,
Splitting the data is the only way you know?
Not exactly what I was hoping for but it will work. I do not have to do
presentations very often with charts anyway, so an elegant process is not
needed.
If nothing else I can also import chart to a picture editing program as
"x/y" points and draw in the lines my self, tedious. Computers do not solve
all problems.
--
Jim, an engineer using Excel not wisely

"smartin" wrote:

Jim S wrote:
I would like to have graph change color when data exceeds a set value. Anyone
know how to do this?

Here's a simple example of one way to do this.

In column A enter some values to plot:
1
5
31
15
20
12

In column C enter some category labels:

In column D enter this formula and fill down:
=IF(A1<20,A1,NA())

In column E enter this formula and fill down:
=IF(ISNA(D1),A1,NA())

Now select C1:E6 and create a /stacked/ column chart.

What is happening is the values are separated to different series by way
of the formulas in D and E. Since they are different series, they can be
colored differently.