Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Counting an entry in cells

You seem to be confusing the terms. Do you want to COUNT the number of
entries or to SUM them? How does a column D entry supercede the entry
in column C? Please give a clearer explanation of what you want to
achieve.

Pete

On Aug 7, 10:27*am, slavenp wrote:
Using Excel 2007

I would like to get a formula that will allow me to count entries in column
C, but if an entry is made in column D that would supersede what is in column
C.

When an entry is made into column H I would like the total for columns C or
D to reflect this i.e. total number counted should drop.

I have listed names at top of s/sheet and totals are to sit in H1, H2 etc..
Hope you can assist. Let me know if you require additional info.

Cheers,
Paul