Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashish Mathur[_2_] Ashish Mathur[_2_] is offline

Default How do I search a whole workbook using the =INDEX function?

Hi,

You may want to refer to Question 9 on the following link -
http://ashishmathur.com/knowledgebaseII.aspx

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Will" wrote in message
I am trying to search an entire workbook for a text string e.g. "Fred".
This
could be on one of many worksheets but will be in column A. When this has
been found, I want the value in column Q to be returned. I am trying to
do
this using the =INDEX(#####,MATCH(A3, ######,0),17) command where I want
##### to be the entire workbook.