Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Changing page numbers to start at a number other than 1

If you have only 3 pages what else would you expect to see if you start at
page 5?

Don't use the Page 1 of ? setting.

ViewHeaders and FootersFooter. Select Page 1

Then you will get Page 5, Page 6, Page 7

Gord

On Thu, 6 Aug 2009 11:10:04 -0700, YESHWANT JOSHI
wrote:

HI GORD,

it's not the case. if i start the number from 5 and have 3 sheets to print,
it will show footer as 5 of 3, 6 of 3 and 7 of 3 resp.

any guess / correction ??

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Sounds like you have only one page and Header settings are Page x of y

Change your Header settings to just Page

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 6 Aug 2009 08:47:01 -0700, YESHWANT JOSHI
wrote:

hi jacob,

tks for your reply below. just one more problem.
if u use the solution suggested by you, it is giving footer as "5 of 1"
doesn't it look odd. ??
suggest correction/s, if any

tks in advances

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

FilePage setupPage tabFirst page number (bottom of the window): enter 5

Default is 'Auto'

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"The Don" wrote:

I would like to start at page 5 in my spread sheet. How can I change the page
number in my footer to start at page 5?
--
THEDON