Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Average of cells that exclude conditional formats?

A formula doesn't look at the format of the cells, but only at their value.

If you know what percentage of your distribution lies outside the standard
deviation, TRIMMEAN would do the job.
--
David Biddulph

"AHartong" (donotspam) wrote in message
I'm trying to find the average of a range of cells that exclude points
outside the standard deviation of the cells. I found the standard
deviation
and made simple conditional format (cells outside STDEV are in red) rules
on
the cells outside of the range, but I'm not sure how to find the average
excluding the formatted cells.