Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
slavenp slavenp is offline

Default Counting tasks

Excel 2007
I would like to get a formula that will allow me to count outstanding tasks
staff have against their name. I have a drop down menu of staff names in
columns C and D, when column C is populated with a name this should count as
1 open task against that person, if another name is entered into column D
this should supersede name in column C and count against the new name
(person).
When a date is entered into column H, I would like the total against that
persons name to reflect this i.e. date entered number of tasks drops.
I have listed staff names at top of s/sheet and totals are to sit in H1, H2
etc.
Hope you can assist. Let me know if you require additional info.

Cheers,
Paul