Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
joeu2004 joeu2004 is offline

Default IF just STOPS WORKING

"Gee" wrote:
Hey, what about some kind of BETWEEN...will that work?

Excel does not have a "between" operator. But that is exactly what
AND(401<HI2,HI2<402) means. By the way, that is also why I write in that
order instead of AND(HI2401,HI2<402). Even thought the two forms are
identical in effect, the first form looks like a "between" operation.

In any case, the real point is: you have never said in English what it is
you are trying to accomplish with the AND() expression. By testing
AND(401<HI2,HI2<402), you seem to be trying to look for numbers with decimal
fractions. But you have never articulated; and some of your postings seem
to contradict that assumption.