Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Reza Reza is offline

Default Create rating with coloring cell

OssieMac...

Horeee....i can do that...
thanks for you...but now i have another problem.
i have values like this
=$E$14:$E$16,$E$18:$E$21,$E$23:$E$24
but when click OK, i have error message "You May not use unions,
intersections, or array constants for Conditional Formating Criteria"...

can you teach me how to solve this??

thanks again

"reza" wrote:

OssieMac....

Hehehehe...sorry, i still don't get in.
for Cell A2...its it Name or Percentage colom.
Example.
Colom A (Name) Colom B (Percentage)
A 0.1%
B 1%
C 1.1%
D 0.3%
etc

thanks

"OssieMac" wrote:

Helo Reza,

I take it you mean how to create the conditional format in xl2007 so here it
is.

Firstly the easiest way to apply Conditional Format is to select the entire
range and apply the formula as if it applies to the first cell only. The
following examples look like they apply to cell A2 only but Excel actually
applies it to all the cells in the selection.

Ensure that Home ribbon is selected.
Select the full range of percentages involved.
Select Conditional Format (See Styles block just past half way across ribbon)
Select Manage Rules.
Click New Rule.
Select €˜Use a formula to determine which cells to format.

In the field below €˜Format cells where this formula is true enter the
following formula where A2 is the first cell in the selection and $A$2:$A$30
is the entire range to which the Conditional format is to be applied. (You
can select the range on the worksheet to insert it as you can do in the
formula bar on a worksheet. Also note the absolute addressing of the range
but not for cell A2.)

=A2=LARGE($A$2:$A$30,1)

Click Format button.
Click the Font or Fill tab at the top depending on whether you want to
change the font or background colour.
Select Yellow.
Click OK and OK again.
Click Apply.
That has added the Conditional Format for the highest value.

Click New Rule.
Repeat the above but this time the formula is for the second highest value
as follows. (Note the parameter 2 in lieu of 1 in the previous formula).

=A2=LARGE($A$2:$A$29,2)
Set Format to Green colour.

Repeat the above again with the formula.
=A2=LARGE($A$2:$A$29,3)
Set format to Blue colour.

Repeat the above again with the formula. (Note parameter 1 is the smallest
value)
=A2=SMALL($A$2:$A$29,1)
Set format to Red colour.

Ensure you click Apply before closing the Conditional Format dialog box.

Hope I have explained it all properly but feel free to get back to me if you
have problems.

OssieMac