Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ed Hoover Ed Hoover is offline

Default Data Bars are the wrong length for data in cell

Haven't seen this addressed here, so apols. if I missed it somewhere.

I've got some columns with data bars in them. The value of the numbers is
small €“ theyre all in the range of 1 to 20. The vast majority of the data
bars are fine €“ their length is proportional to the value in the cell. So the
data bar for a 10 is about half the length of the cell; 20 is the full
length; 1 is but a sliver.

However, in some of the cells where the value is 1, the length of the bar is
about 50% of the cell. None of the other values gives me a wrong bar length,
and not all cells with a value of 1 have a wrong data bar length (were
talking about six of them out of 155 or so).

I've cleared the conditional formatting from those cells and then set it up
again, but that doesn't work. I've done the format painter from the cells
with 1s in them that are correct, but that doesn't work, either.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.