Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
NBVC[_129_] NBVC[_129_] is offline

Default [SOLVED]: CountA function - Data Validation

T. Valko;442685 Wrote:
Counta() doesn't count empty strings (nulls)

What do you consider to be an empty string?

A1: ="" (empty string)
A2: x
A3: <empty

=COUNTA(A1:A3)

=2

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"NBVC" wrote in message

Counta() doesn't count empty strings (nulls).. so should work as is.

If you mean blanks (as in space bar used in the cell) then try:

=COUNTA(G$5:G$7)-COUNTIF($G$5:$G$7," ")=1

--
NBVC

Where there is a will there are many ways.
'The Code Cage' (http;//www.thecodecage.com)

NBVC's Profile: 'The Code Cage Forums - View Profile: NBVC'

(http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/members/nbvc.html)
View this thread:
'[SOLVED]: CountA function - Data Validation - The Code Cage Forums'

(http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=122629)

I guess I meant as per A3... but looks like OP has A1.

--

NBVC's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=74
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=122629