Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Get "AVERAGE" function to ignore empty cells

how I get the "AVERAGE" function to
ignore the empty cells.

Average ignores empty cells.

You haven't said how these empty cells are affecting your average?

Could it be that your feeder formulas return 0 but you have the cells set to
not display 0 values?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ed O'Brien" wrote in message
Excel 2007.

I have 3 columns of data where the daily amount over the month is posted
by a formula relating to another sheet in the same book. Below each column
I want to display the daily Average of the data in that column.

When the data was typed into the columns (cells) the "AVERAGE" function
worked okay. However, now that the data is called up via a formula, the
"AVERAGE" calculates across all 31 cells in the column, including those
with no data yet posted.

Can someone tell me how I get the "AVERAGE" function to ignore the empty
cells.

TIA for any help.

Ed