Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron@Buy Ron@Buy is offline

Default Count rows where a specific value appears in any of 4 columns

Lisa
Try:
=SUM(IF((A2:A5807=1)*(B2:B5807=1)*(C2:C5807=1),D2: D5807))
The formula must be entered as array formula - press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER
Hope this helps

"LisaM" wrote:

This is an example of the spreadsheet I'm working with:

A B C D
1 1 1 1
0 0 0 1
0 0 0 0
0 0 0 10
0 0 0 10
0 0 0 0
4 4 1 1
0 0 0 0
0 0 1 1
0 0 0 0
1 1 0 0

What I would like to do is count the number of rows where the value 1 occurs
in the four columns, wherever that might be.

The answer for the data above, for example, would be 5 (five rows contain
the value 1 somewhere in the four columns).

There are 5,807 rows of data in the worksheet and I'm using Excel 2003.

Thank you.