Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gadgetman Gadgetman is offline

Default If Formula

Hi Again

I have seen the issue regarding to my last thread to you on the totaling
issue.

What seems to be happening is that when it gets to over the 24Hrs total it
the carries on to count like a clock would.
eg a total that should read 24hrs:30min in showing the total being 00:30

can you help to sort this totaling issue out?

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Entering 10:00 to A1 will automatically custom format cell A1 to h:mm
Entering 22:00 to B1 will automatically custom format cell B1 to h:mm

Custom format C1 to [h]:mm and try the below formula

=IF(B1-A1TIMEVALUE("07:00"),B1-A1-TIMEVALUE("00:30"),B1-A1)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"gadgetman" wrote:

Hi Again
Just had a look over the formula you have suggested to try, if there an
issues with the "07:00" value as this is a time value and not a total between
the times

eg 08:00hrs to 13:00 hrs equals a Total of 5 hrs
threrefore 07:00 is a time value and would generate a zero??

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

A1 = 10:00
B1 = 22:00

In C1 try the below formula

=IF(B1-A1TIMEVALUE("07:00"),B1-A1-TIMEVALUE("00:30"),B1-A1)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"gadgetman" wrote:

Hi I an trying to generate a formula to enable my wife to calculate the off
duty for her section.
i have used 3 cells to start off with just to see if i could get it to work,
cell 1 = start time, Cell 2 = end time, Cell 3 = total.
e.g. start time =08.00, end time =13:00, then total time = 5hrs, formula say
=sum(d3-d2) simple. Ok
Well this is the part were i have got stuck. If the total is equal or more
than 7 hours then i need to subtract 0.5hr, but only if it is equal or
greater
so say start time is 10:00, end time is 22:00 then is should = 11.5 and not
12 hrs as the sum is greater than 7hrs
Can some kind person out there help with the formula

cheers