Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Torfinn Brokke Torfinn Brokke is offline

Default Advanced expiry date calculations

Oops...

On closer examination I see that what I'm asking for here is impossible,
since the formula would need to know the original expiry date at some point.

I'm a bit at a loss how this could be done in the most user-friendly way. Do
you have any suggestions?

Best regards,
Torfinn

"Torfinn Brokke" wrote:

Hello again, Luke!

I found the error: I had to replace all your commas with semicolons. I
supposed this is a difference between the US and European versions of Excel?
Anyway, that made your formula work just fine!

However, I'm still not quite where I'd like to be. Would it be possible to
make a formula to calculate this from only two inputs: Renewal date and time
until expiry?

Example: In C17 I have the renewal date (let's say 13.02.2009), and in D17 I
have the validity period in months (in this case 12). Now, for the licenses
that have a one year duration plus the remainder of the month of expiry, I
calculate the expiry date in E17 by using =EOMONTH(C17;D17).

What I would like to achieve is a system that just lets you put in one date,
basically, and it will tell you when the license will expire, and in this
more advanced case take into account the fact that the duration can be
anywhere from 12 to 15 months depending on the renewal date.

Is it possible to achieve this in one single operation, or do I need some
sort of in-between calculation?

(Also, the formula should take into account that the duration is always to
the end of the month of expiry, like above.)

Thanks for your great help so far!

Best regards,
Torfinn