Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PYO1012 PYO1012 is offline

Default Custom time format help

I have co-workers that use a log sheet and would like to type times as 935
and have it format the cell show it as 09:35 automatically. In addition,
they would like, for example, 15 to format as 15:00. Any ideas?

Right now I've got it to place to colon with the format as 00":"00 but when
I type 15 it displays as 00:15.

I would also still like to be able to Cntr+Shift+: to time stamp for those
of us who are used to doing so.

I am fully prepared for this format not to be "read" as a time when it comes
to using it in a time formula, but that can be fixed via other means.