Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default average from multiple worksheet using if is number

#Value! is common because of using NA instead of a time.

AVERAGE ignores text entries when they are part of a referenced array.

Also there will be some non value numbers

What are non value numbers?

Did you try something like this:

=AVERAGE(Sheet1:Sheet4!J2:J46)

Or, if the sheets are random:

=AVERAGE(Sheet1!J2:J46,Sheet5!J2:J46,Sheet7!J2:J46 ,Sheet10!J2:J46)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"ericaamousseau" wrote in message
I can not figure this out! I need to average multiple rows of data in 4
different worksheets. The biggest problem is that the data is calculated
from time differences, so #Value! is common because of using NA instead of
time. So say I need J2:J46 in worksheet one J2:J46 in worksheet 2 J2:J46
in
worksheet 3 and J2:J46 in worksheet 4 all averaged together. Also there
will
be some non value numbers. Help!