Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Cone[_2_] Jim Cone[_2_] is offline

Default Status Bar

I don't have xl2007, but I do have a copy of the xl2010 preview.
It doesn't have a manual option to hide the status bar either.
Also, the statusbar height is about double what is in xl2003
and the font size displayed is much larger.
On the other hand, there is are 23 display options available
for inside the bar from Cell mode to Zoom slider.

Personally, I like knowing that the bar will always be available.
Those who don't know how to hide it with code shouldn't be turning
it off anyway. A much better reason to avoid xl2007 can be found
in a post today titled "Extremely slow response time in Excel 2007".
The author states that it takes 2 hours to delete 5000 rows with
calculation turned off. Anyone for an upgrade?
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"RagDyer"
wrote in message
So it's true ... can't be done without code!
RD

RD

I can't find any way to disable Status Bar in 2007 Excel OptionsAdvanced
or
otherwise.

I hope I just missed the option.

Gord

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 13:44:00 -0700, "RagDyer"
wrote:

Is this for REAL?

You need code to hide the Status Bar ?

If so, another reason for me to stick with earlier versions ! ! !

And there's *NO* <vbg about it !