Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Roger is offline

Default Pivot table creation from another pivot table in 2007

In Excel 2003, I could create pivottable1 then, while still on the same sheet
as pivottable1, create pivottable2 by pointing to pivottable1. Specifically,
after creating pivottable1, then going to the pivot table wizard again, one
of the options in Step 1 'Where is the data that you want to analyze?' was
'Another PivotTable report or PivotCharge report.' In 2007, I cannot find
this option. (Actually, we have a 3rd-party add-on that duplicates the old
2003 menu, and this can get me to this screen, but I'm not able to figure it
out using 2007 menus.) The advantage to using pivottable1 as my source for
pivottable2 is that the size of my Excel file does not grow nearly as fast.
Thanks for any help.