Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Help with Time? trying to vlookup a NOW() value in a text table...

If I understand what you're saying, how can you expect to match a *volatile*
function (Now()) with a text value?
The Now() function changes every time the sheet calculates, and also
contains seconds.

Even if you place your sheet calcs on manual, you'll never get to a match.

RD

"mickeygib" wrote in message

I have an issue with a table containing text data showing a time in the
format 00:00, 12:15 etc. I want to display some text that relates to the
current time and have used NOW() to display the time in the same format
(12:15 eg)

When I vlookup the NOW() value, it fails to match it to the text.

They look exactly the same, and I assumes that would be enough.

Is there any way to do it? Am I just being dumb?

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
mickeygib
mickeygib's Profile: