Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Luke M Luke M is offline

Default Help with Time? trying to vlookup a NOW() value in a text table...

Rather than try to force NOW() into a text value, and then correct format
from there, it would probably be easier to use the TIMEVALUE function to
convert your text data into actual times.

One other note though: NOW() brings in seconds, and your sample data appears
to only be hours and minutes. You may need to compare to:
=TIME(HOUR(NOW()),MINUTE(NOW()),0)
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"mickeygib" wrote:

I have an issue with a table containing text data showing a time in the
format 00:00, 12:15 etc. I want to display some text that relates to the
current time and have used NOW() to display the time in the same format
(12:15 eg)

When I vlookup the NOW() value, it fails to match it to the text.

They look exactly the same, and I assumes that would be enough.

Is there any way to do it? Am I just being dumb?

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
mickeygib
mickeygib's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=628