Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Simon Lloyd[_355_] Simon Lloyd[_355_] is offline

Default Spell Check in Text Boxes

Lee, use the same procedure as above to save it in your workbook (delete
the old one completely) and save this:
Code:
--------------------
Public Sub SpellCheckTextboxes()
ActiveSheet.UsedRange.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033
End Sub

--------------------
Lee Ann;440843 Wrote:
James & Simon - I was able to follow the instructions and get the code
in as
you said. I'm obviously missing something as I received the following
error
message:

Run-time error "1004": CheckSpelling method of Range class failed

I am not experienced in doing this type of thing so I do apologize for
all
the questions and problems. Thanks for all your help so far and
hopefully
you can assist with this latest error.

"Simon Lloyd" wrote:

jamescox;439827 Wrote:
The code goes into a code module, not a sheet's code or the

ThisWorkbook
module.

If that didn't make a lot of sense, you need to get into Visual

Basic
from the Developer tab on the ribbon menu. (If you don't have a

Devloper
tab, click on the Office orb - that round button at the top left of

the
Excel window, select Excel Options and then on the 'Popular window,
check the third box down Show developer tab in the ribbon).

On the left hand side of the VB editor window, there should be

Project
- VBA Project pane and it should have listed your workbook as a VBA
project. Right click on the VBA project that has your workbook name

in
parentheses and from the pop up menu select Insert and then Module.

This
should open up a code window in the editor - and that's where you

paste
the code; it will be a macro.

To run the macro, go to the View tab on the ribbon, click on the

Macro
button and from the window that pops up, select the

SpellCheckTextboxes
item and click on Run.

That should get you there!
To run it, select the worksheet you want to spell-check

*How to add and run a Macro*1. *Copy* the macro above pressing
the keys *CTRL+C*
2. Open your workbook
3. Press the keys *ALT+F11* to open the Visual Basic Editor
4. Press the keys *ALT+I* to activate the *Insert menu*
5. *Press M* to insert a *Standard Module*
6. *Paste* the code by pressing the keys *CTRL+V*
7. Make any custom changes to the macro if needed at this time.
8. *Save the Macro* by pressing the keys *CTRL+S*
9. Press the keys *ALT+Q* to exit the Editor, and return to Excel.

*To Run the Macro...*
To run the macro from Excel, open the workbook, and press *ALT+F8* to
display the *Run Macro Dialog*. Double Click the macro's name to

*Run*
it.

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
'Microsoft Office Help' ('The Code Cage - Microsoft Office Help -

Microsoft Office Discussion' (http://www.thecodecage.com))

Simon Lloyd's Profile: 'The Code Cage Forums - View Profile: Simon

Lloyd' (http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=1)
View this thread: 'Spell Check in Text Boxes - The Code Cage Forums'

(http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=120599)

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,